Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Web Page Rubric Presentations

I think that some of the Web Page's from the people that presented can be very helpful as a teacher. There were also some, including mine, that may not be as useful. I especially liked Scholastic.com and Brainpop.com. The only bad thing about these websites is that there is only so much you can view without subscribing and since some of these websites can be pretty costly that is not always an option. The best scenario for a teacher would be if the school they work at has a subscription that allows them to utilize all the content. However, even without a subscription on Scholastic.com, there is still a lot of information that can be accessed by students, teachers, and parents.

3 comments:

Dr. Luongo said...

Thanks for your thoughts, Chris.

You are right-- knowing about these sites can make our technology use more effective...even knowing which sites we would *not* use.

Great posting!

Katie said...

Chris I agree.

I really enjoyed the sites that we have discussed, but it is a problem that they ask for a subscription. I know for me I subscribe to things and constantly even forget I have them or what my password is! But luckily some of the info can come without a cost.

Violeta said...

I totally agree with the concern on the cost to subscribe. Even if we really like the sites for our class, we need to consider if the school has the budget for it. Luckily, we had the opportunity to learn some of these free websites during the class presentations. I have a list of the ones that I really like. I am sure all will come handy in the future.