Monday, December 15, 2008

NJCCCS

The NJCCCS were always emphasized in each of my undergraduate education classes. However, in these classes, I was always focusing on the history standards since it was my concentration. While we were taught to encorporate technology into our lesson plans, it wasn't until I took GE 555 that I even realized there were content standards for technology.

It is obviously important that teachers encorporate technology into their lessons with today's students. Since this is the case, I wish I would've seen some mention of technology when looking at the standards in History with suggestions on how it can be encorporated into lessons. The problem is that while technology is great, it comes at an expensive price. Students that attend schools in wealthier districts will always have more access to some of these great educational resources that utilize technology.

No comments: