Thursday, December 4, 2008

Second Group of WebPage Presentations

I thought once again all the presenters did a great job last night. The two websites I liked the best as a history major were Hippocampus.com and digitalhistory.uh.edu. I thought that these websites, as opposed the the one I reviewed (historyplace.com), proved plenty of information that a history teacher could use in their classroom (Although Hippo Campus does not have World History as Matt stated in his presentation).

The problem that I found with many of the websites that were chosen was that they were geared towards younger students. While they had interesting and fun educational games for students in lower grades, they would not provide much use and for a high school teacher. The two websites that I listed above are clearly aimed for students that are at a high school level or above.

No comments: