Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Class Reflection

I enjoyed this class and will take several valuable things from it that will help me when I become a teacher. For the most part, I enjoyed the hybrid format of the class. This was my first class that was taught in a distance learning style and Dr. Luongo did a great job of making me feel comfortable in this type of class. I do wish that we could have met in person a few more times. I enjoyed seeing my classmates present their assignments but I would have liked to hear more from Dr. Luongo. (I really enjoyed the MyAccess presentation and I would've liked to see her talk more about different types of educational software and how they can best be used.)

The review of a website project really showed me how many different types of resources are out there on the internet. With all these resources, it is becoming increasingly easier to incorporate technology into the classroom, although some of these websites do charge a fee.

With all that said, I think this class just began to touch the surface on what kind of resources are out there. I wish that every teacher could have a class like this because it really showed me how to use technology to reach out and get students interested and how easy it actually is if you do the proper research.

Happy holidays to everyone!

No comments: